Choose Your Learning Path to Get Started
What to Expect
Paying for college can be a challenge, but we're here to help every step of the way:
- Complete borrower education modules relevant to your life.
- Calculate borrowing costs, explore careers, and set financial goals.
- Explore our library of financial aid and money management topics.
- Optional registration saves your work from each visit.
- Share module completion certificates on social media.
Start building your financial future today with Virginia Student Loan Help.
Question about managing loans or public service loan forgiveness?
Virginia Student Loan Help is a service of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV), the Commonwealth's coordinating body for higher education. Our mission is to advocate and promote the development of an educationally and economically sound, vigorous, progressive and coordinated system of higher education in Virginia.
In addition to the resources on this website, Virginia residents can contact us for personalized help.
The Biden Administration has extended the temporary pause in the student loan debt relief due to actions taken by the courts.
On a related note, an extension of the COVID pause on most federal student loan payments is to end no later than June 2023. Find out more information about when payments will resume at https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/covid-19.
Todos los recursos están disponibles en español.